Treasurer FAQs


If you have any questions please call us at (402) 755-5603.

  1. When are taxes due and delinquent?
    • Taxes for both Real Estate and Personal Property are due – Dec. 31st
    • 1st half is delinquent the following – April 1st
    • 2nd half is delinquent the following – August 1st
    • 14% statutory rate is charged on delinquencies
  2. When are tax notices mailed?
    • They are mailed around late November – first of December
  3. What should I do if I didn’t receive a tax notice?
  4. How much are my taxes?
  5. Have my taxes been paid?
  6. I need to make an address change.
    • Call the Treasurer’s office at (402) 755-5603
  7. Do you accept credit cards?
    • Yes; Subject to a processing fee.
  8. What do I do if I have a message on my tax statement that I don’t understand?
    • Call the Treasurer’s office at (402) 755-5603
  9. When can I renew my driver’s license?
    • You may renew your expiring Nebraska license within 90 days (not three months) prior to the expiration date. You will need to see the examiner to renew your license. If you move to a new address, you should update your Nebraska license within 60 days. If you have a CDL license, you must see the examiner to change your address. All other address changes can be made at the Treasurer's Office any weekday.
  10. What if I lost my driver’s license?
    • All duplicates (not just CDL's) are required to see the examiners. If you lost your license and are out of state for an extended period, you can obtain a DUPLICATE license via the mail.  You can also apply for a duplicate online. If you have a digital license, it will have a photo on it. If you do not have a digital license, it will not have a photo on it. Upon your return, we can issue you a new license with a photo for $11.25. Please call (402) 755-5603 for details